Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Salsa Go With The Flow

What is dance? Its life! Well, at least to me it is. Ive been dancing before I could even walk. Dancing has always been and will always be so important. Its such a healthy, active way to have fun. I mean, I cant even imagine a day in my life where Im not able to express myself by moving rhythmically to music. Now that I am older dancing has become my only true outlet. I dance to almost every style of dancing and now I am obsessed with Latin American dancing; which so happens to be what my independent book is about.

 Latin Dancing by: Dessi & Orod Ohanians they teach you step by step of many of the styles of Latin Dancing such as Salsa, Lambada, Meringue, etc. (1)
As for now Im going to get into Salsa."...a melting pot of many Latin and Afro-Caribbean dances.."(Dessi,10)
Lets get started!


The first part is pretty simple, its just forward and backward steps, but with hip movements.(Dont worry guys, this part is the same for men too.)
1.) You stand with your feet together.
2.) Take the first step forward with your left foot.
3.) Make sure that your hip follows the direction of the foot.
4.) On the 4th beat make sure your feet come together.
5) Follow the same steps but on the opposite foot.
(19)



You can burn some serious calories if youre doing it correctly :)

Did you have fun? I know I did. Its honestly more enjoyable if you add music some suggestions could be...

  • Har-You Percussion Group Welcome to the Party
  •  Los Titanes Merecumbe 
  • It’s a Man’s World Ray Barrett


Next time Ill try to show you the Merengue


No comments:

Post a Comment